AdFed Executive Director
The Advertising Federation of Minnesota (AdFed) is looking for an Executive Director to work alongside the volunteer board in elevating the MN advertising and marketing community to inspire cool shit. The Executive Director is a long-term contract position; and as a non-profit organization, benefits are not included in the compensation package.
The Executive Director is responsible for supporting, advising, and collaborating with the board of directors. This position reports directly to the President of the AdFed Board of Directors and is responsible for growing AdFed membership, sponsorship, and partnership, as well as:
- Creating strong channels of communication
- Cultivating community
- Supporting existing membership base
- Providing support for our largest event, The Show
- Advising on long-term strategy and financial health
What we do:
The Advertising Federation of Minnesota is meant to support its members and sponsors through events, programs, and content supporting continued career development by curating resources that inspire and inform thought leadership, knowledge, and idea sharing for our community through kickass events and resources.
We’re an organization meant to support members of all backgrounds and stages within their careers. We connect individuals that think and do things differently, are open minded, and are looking to be inspired and entertained.
- Board Governance – Advise the board on internal processes and operations, with a focus on the long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Organization Mission and Strategy – Work with the board to ensure the AdFed mission is fulfilled through key programming and community outreach.
- Serve in the community as AdFed liaison, working closely with agencies and marketing organizations of all sizes and disciplines
- Help create strategic and meaningful connections within the Minnesota advertising community and with adjacent partners
- Financial Performance and Viability – Under the direction of Board leadership, develop resources sufficient to ensure financial health of the organization.
- Alongside Board members, develop existing and create new pipelines for fundraising and sponsorship
- Support finance and treasurer chairs in invoicing and accounts payable processes with knowledge of bookkeeping and P&L management
- Advise on best practices for long-term financial stability
We’re Looking For:
A seasoned leader within the Twin Cities advertising community who has spent their career building strong connections and relationships across agencies and disciplines, and is enthusiastic about continuing that work outside of a traditional agency setting in partnership with the industry’s future leaders.
- Strong presence in and connection with the Twin Cities advertising community
- Ability to engage with and inspire a diverse group of volunteers, professionals, members, sponsors and partners
- Budget management skills including budget preparation, reporting, and allocation
- Strong organizational and project management abilities
- Comfort in public speaking and ongoing networking initiatives
- Board governance experience
- Nonprofit experience
- Volunteer board leadership experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com